Back in April, watching the UK football end of season playoffs, where the last few games for those at the top of their leagues, offer the hope of a promotion along with the fear and disappointment of staying where they are. It made me think of the role corporate managers have lifting morale with their teams.
The manager has their own feelings and emotions to deal with, each individual in the team has their unique perceptions of the tasks ahead and the realities of a positive or negative outcome.
Both impact how the team gel, support and push each other to remain cool headed and perform under pressure.
So what can you do? Here are 5 Tips
1. Always acknowledge your team’s achievements as they happen, so you can all draw on them again in high stake situations.
2. Acknowledge the skills and techniques of each individual and the value of their camaraderie.
3. Create space to hear, share and understand their greatest fears if success is or is not forthcoming.
4. Clarify with them what is in their control, what is their responsibility, what is not, to provide real focus for their attention.
5. Re-enforce that what ever result, the team will always face challenges and tough times build their resilience for these.
#leadership #neurocoaching #mentaltoughness