As a coach certified in applied neuroscience, I read many articles* and studies from both the leadership and neuroscience world. A recent one included this quote:
‘Smart talks. Wisdom listens. Smart always has answers. Wisdom tries hard to understand questions’Harvey Max Chochino, Canadian Psychiatrist.
The reflections this raised
Reviewing how wise I have been in my work and life, as a way to reflect on another week, especially in terms of ‘wisdom listens’. Deep listening being a skill that coaches work hard to build and strengthen.
- How wise have I been, generally?
- How often have I listened to myself?
- How well have I consistently listened deeply during coaching sessions?
- When have I been ‘smart’? Was there more to be understood first?
- What caused me to go for the ‘smart’ option?
- How can I focus on being wise more often?
Coaching can help you find wisdom in the moments you most need it.
Click here to request a 20 minute, no obligation chat to see how we could work together.